Main purpose of the job:
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Health & Safety Manager in ensuring a high standard of safety and effective implementation of policy and procedure which is aligned with current H&S Legislation.
Full Training and support will be provided, and the post is subject to a satisfactory probationary period, any contractual service prior to this post will not be affected.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure that suitable and practical PPE is available and the wearing of the PPE is enforced in an effective manner.
• Ensure that all contractors and visitors have been Inducted and adhere to the safety procedures that are in place.
• Ensure that all equipment is operated by trained personnel with the appropriate training, and acceptable level of competence.
• Complete and update Risk Assessments as and when required.
• Request RA, Method Statements and insurance documents off contractors and check the details ensuring that they are sufficient to allow the work to be carried out.
• Complete and renew Chemical Data sheets taking information from MSDS
• Provide training and guidance for chemical use.
• General H&S training, Manual Handling, chemical spill training etc.
• Analyse accident and hazard data proving annual reports
• Hold H&S Committee meeting presenting relevant issues to the team
• Complete Health Surveillance on an annual basis
• Complete H&S Audits
Required skills, knowledge & experience:
• Good interest in H&S and underpinning knowledge in H&S legislation
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Must have logical thinking and are able to work productively and efficiently.
• Excellent communication skills
• Working towards NEBOSH or holds IOSH certificate or equivalent
• Team member, but can work unsupervised, ability to work alone following standard guidelines, and to communicate as a team member.
• Loyalty/ Co Operation/Punctuality.
• Enthusiasm/Commitment/ Confident and knowledgeable about Starbank’s products and services.
You may be asked to carry out additional tasks within your capability, in order to
meet the needs of the business.