The main purpose of the role is to ensure that all products that require edging are done so to the highest standard, ensuring quality as well as achieving production targets.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• The ability to understand the computer program used on the Homag machines
• Complete the task and safely transfer production batches from one department to another following process flow.
• Organise production to ensure that the most effective and efficient approach is taken.
• Where necessary clean panels prior to despatch.
• Ensure all panels are to a high quality standard.
• Ensure all panels are completed in accordance with the job sheet.
• Undertake any other reasonable role as and when required.
• Set the tools, saws and parameters of the machine, when changing product etc.
• Ensure that the correct stock edging has been used for the job.
• Communicate with the production management team and the sales department.
Required knowledge , skills and experience
• Good literacy, numeracy and organisational skills.
• The ability to accurately measure panel dimensions.
• Ability to recognise different materials and boards.
• Knowledge of drawings and materials(eg Laminate and Hardwood)
• Experience preferred with a CNC Edgebanding Machine.
• Team member, but can work unsupervised, ability to work alone following standard guidelines, and to communicate as a team member.
• Loyalty/ Co Operation/Punctuality.
• Enthusiasm/Commitment/ Confident and knowledgeable about Starbank’s products & services.
You may be asked to carry out additional tasks within your capability, in order to meet the needs of the business.