Starbank Panel Products Ltd
Main purpose of the job:
The main purpose of the General Furniture Manufacturer role is to spray, Bond, Postform, mould laminates and joinery work to a quality standard of work.
Full Training and support will be provided, and the post is subject to a satisfactory probationary period, any contractual service prior to this post will not be affected.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Training to be provided
• Use of the Dimension Saw
• Spray laminate and core materials.
• Lay up sprayed parts using Jigs or by hand.
• Use of adhesives to enable postforming.
• Set and use postforming machines to produce various profiles.
• Trim excess laminate from postformed panels using hand routers.
• Produce joints for worktops using hand router and Biscuit joint power tool.
• Fine finish products with hand tools such as hand router, Hand Plane, File and Sanding Blocks.
To complete relevant paperwork when taking material out of stock so this can be reported to stock controller.
Required skills, knowledge & experience:
• To be extremely conscientious at all times.
• To be vigilant when spraying.
• Knowledge of COSHH Regulations and Chemical Safety Data Sheets.
• Knowledge of Personal Protective Clothing required.
• Must have at least 1 years experience in spraying, post forming or joinery skills
• Experience in producing and fitting fire doors an advantage
• Health & Safety Awareness
• Loyalty/ Co Operation/Punctuality.
• Enthusiasm/Commitment/ Confident and knowledgeable about Starbank’s products and services.
• Quick learner that can graduate to produce quality panels to Starbank’s high standard.
• Flexible to work overtime if and when necessary.
You may be asked to carry out additional tasks within your capability, in order to meet the needs of the business.