The main purpose of the role is to assist the Production team in ensuring a high standard of quality and efficient use of materials and process to deliver excellent customer satisfaction.
Full Training and support will be provided, and the post is subject to a satisfactory probationary period, any contractual service prior to this post will not be affected.
Main duties to include:
• Assisting skilled operators and learning directly at the machinery within the factory.
• Learning about tool selection and safe machine setup
• Learning the Woodwop programming language and machine interface
• Handling materials to be machined both raw and decorative
• Reviewing production 3d CAD drawings and job sheets before proceeding
• Learning to read Autocad/Inventor part drawings
• Learning to accurately measure panel geometrics before, during and after processing
• Learning process flow and interaction between departments to meet customer demand
• Problem solving/quality assurance measures
Required skills, knowledge & experience
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Must have logical thinking and are able to work productively and efficiently.
• The ability to accurately measure panel dimensions.
• Ability to follow instructions given by a supervisor or manager.
• Team member, but can work unsupervised, ability to work alone following standard guidelines, and to communicate as a team member.
• Loyalty/ Co Operation/Punctuality.
• Enthusiasm/Commitment/ Confident and knowledgeable about Starbank’s products and services.
• You may be asked to carry out additional tasks within your capability, in order to meet the needs of the business.